Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14 Slideshow Image 15 Slideshow Image 16 Slideshow Image 17

Friday, April 30, 2010

my disclaimer...

Since starting this blog a few days ago, my thoughts throughout the day seem to always be targeted toward it... "Should I blog about this?" "That would be a good topic." "I should totally write about that!" I think of so many things to share, but not only is the time to do so limited, I also wonder... would anyone care or be interested??

Those were the two reasons I never thought blogging was for me. Lack of time and interesting material. We live a simple life, but in that simplicity there is humor, unusual experiences and some moments that we all can relate to and I love envisioning someone out there saying as they read my post "Yes, I totally know what she means!" I appreciate knowing I'm not alone in this thing we call 'motherhood'. Because EVERY mother has experienced this...

... I look at this picture and think, "Oh, Cooper. I feel that way too a lot of the time..." right??

Anyway, as I'm getting my feet wet in the blogging world, I feel like I need to just say this FIRST...

I LOVE my kids. But I have no doubt that there will be entries that have you wondering if that love is conditional... its not. AND, I am SO thankful for all of my blessings. I always hear myself following my complaints with "at least you have a (fill in the blank) to be frustrated with." For example, this morning I was trying to get a fire going in our furnace and had to restart it 3 times. By that point I was irritated, but reminded myself that, at least we HAVE a heat source, let alone a HOUSE to heat!

You may also find yourself saying "Well, that wasn't a very Christian thing for her to say (do)." I know. I find myself saying that sometimes, too. And in those moments I repent and try to shape up. You can hold me accountable.

So, bare with me. I may voice frustration, but know this... 1) I know it could be A LOT worse and that EVERYONE has gone through much of what I am. And they lived to tell about it. 2) I know the Lord's blessings are to be appreciated (even when one of those blessings pees on the floor... twice in one day!) 3) Most of the time when I share things it is either to gain perspective, remember the story, or make you feel like your day was pretty good compared to mine. Just kidding.

That is my disclaimer.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Coop is even cute when he cries! ~ Grammie

Unknown said...

I love that you were able to capture that picture of Cooper!! What a cute kid...like your mom said...even when he cries!

Post a Comment