Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...

Friday, September 17, 2010

Nettie’s Chicken Enchiladas…

Sorry this isn’t a very appetizing picture.  The truth is, when the piping hot baking dish of creamy, oozy, goozy Chicken Enchiladas came out of the oven, the last thing I was thinking about was taking a picture for blogging’s sake.  I was thinking:  Get. In. My. Belly. 

So this picture is actually from the next day, when I had it for lunch.  Or was it the next day when I had it again for dinner?  Dunno. 

Sep-15-2010_ChickenEnchilad Anyway, I got this recipe from my girl, Melissa, who got it from her sister-in-law, Nettie.  I’ve tweaked it a bit, so maybe I could call it my own recipe now… but I won’t.  It’ll always be Nettie’s Chicken Enchilada recipe.  And this is one my kids love.  I feel so confidently that you’ll love it, too, that I’d say go ahead and invite friends over to share it with you – even before you try it yourself! 

Ingredients

3-4 boneless chicken breasts

1 large onion

1 can green chilies

1 8 oz. package cream cheese

1/2 tsp each: cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne

1 tsp salt

3/4 cup milk, divided 1/4 c and 1/2 c.

1 small can of green enchilada sauce

1 8 oz container of sour cream

1 package flour tortillas

1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated (or more)

1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (ore more)

Directions

Boil chicken for 10 minutes or until done.  Chop chicken.  Sauté onion or microwave with some butter for about 2 minutes until soft.  Mix softened cream cheese, seasonings and 1/4 cup milk in large bowl.  Add sautéed onion, green chilies, and chicken to cream cheese mixture.  Fill tortillas, roll um up, and put into a sprayed 9x13 inch pan.  In another large bowl, mix sour cream, 1/2 cup milk, and enchilada sauce.  Pour over enchiladas and sprinkle with cheeses. pour over enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. 

Bake @ 325 for 25 minutes.   

Yum. 

1 comments:

Marilee said...

Oh how funny, I got this from Cece, who also got it from Nettie! Josh and I LOVE it!

Post a Comment