I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What Did I Do This Weekend??

Yesterday, I filled you in on the productivity of my husband… for the life of me, I can’t think of what I spent my days doing that was productive.  But I can tell you what I spent my nights doing… sleeping!  For the first time in 9 months, I spent my nights SLEEPING, rather than traveling up and down the stairs every 2-3 hours to nurse Kaden.  How did this happen?  Let me tell you…

He cried it out. 

I was going to put this off until after our next trip to Seattle, but the opportunity presented itself and we went with it. 

Thursday night, I was playing in my scrapbook room and Matt came in around 8:15 and asked “How long has Kaden been crying?”  I gasped… what?  I hadn’t even heard him!  We knew he was well-fed (he’d only gone down about a half-hour before) so, Matt encouraged me to stay-put and we’d just see what he’d do.  (Which is interesting, because this is so similar to how it went down with Cooper 3 years ago, when we made him cry it out… it started at 8:30 one evening, and by Matt’s insistence…) About a half-hour later, he stopped crying with NO intervention from us.

We knew he could do it.  And the time felt right.  So, when he woke again at 10:30, when I’d just gotten into bed, I listened to him cry.  Again for about half-an-hour.  Surprisingly, I didn’t cry myself… I knew he was okay.  I heard him again around 4:30 but that only lasted about 5 minutes.  And then I raced into his room at 8:30am when he finally, HAPPILY called for me.  I couldn’t get him to nurse fast enough.  Let me tell ya… going from nursing every 3 hours to suddenly having a 13-hour stretch!!  What??  I didn’t realize it was that long until I typed it… crazy.  Anyway, I was FULL and a hurtin’ unit. 

The next night was even better, and last night, I heard him let out a cry at 8:30 and then not another peep until 6am.  So, now, he’s going 11 hours, straight!  Last week at this time, I was up every-other-hour with him!

I’m not sure, yet, if he’s a happier baby during the day.  Which does bring me to realize what I did during my weekend DAYS.  I nursed.  ALOT.  And saw this…      Sep-25-2010_Kaden4Sep-25-2010_Kaden3  Sep-25-2010_Kaden2A LOT.  Kaden was seriously making up for lost time.  Where-ever I was, there HE was, at my feet, either just sitting or pulling up on my legs. And whenever my arms weren’t busy, I was holding him.  


Which was fine by me…  because I may have been going through a little Mama/Kaden-time withdrawal myself and if it is possible, I think I find him even more precious than I did 4 days ago!  :)   


Mom said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That's wonderful news.

I love Kaden's foot in the first photo....check out his big toe. Oh-so-sweet little Tado.

XOXOXO to three boys sleeping all night through (and Mama & Dad too)

Dianne said...

And Grammie when she's visiting :0)

Post a Comment