Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14 Slideshow Image 15 Slideshow Image 16 Slideshow Image 17

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Welcome to the World, Daphne… {Clackamas, Oregon Newborn Photographer}

I think it may have been all the way back when my friend and hair stylist, Sheryl, told me she was pregnant that I started dreaming about doing a session with her newborn.  I felt bad asking her and then talking about it several more times, because I couldn’t tell if she was just being sweet or she was actually okay with a total newbie photographer coming over to spend three hours posing her brand-new baby.  Or maybe I didn’t let on to what a production it would be. 
Either way, we saw Sheryl on October 10, still very pregnant and early the next morning, she gave birth to Daphne.  Five days later, I arrived at their home with a SUV full of props and took over their perfectly lit bathroom for several hours.  I could have stayed there ALL day.  Here are three things that I love:  Newborns,  Photography, and being warm – space heater warm.  For three straight hours I was engulfed in THOSE three things and nothing else.  Daphne slept the entire time (well, starting after the images shared today), the bathroom was probably about 80 degrees, I listened to the hum of the space heater (a weird obsession of mine) and took 250+ shots of this little dream. 
She was pure perfection as a newborn model.  I heard numerous times how challenging newborns are to photograph and Daphne said, “Huh!  I’ll show them!”  Not a single challenge with this sweetie once she was in dreamland. 
Here are a few I took before we started shooting… she was ‘milk-drunk’ from her Mama…  
Oct-16-2010_3652Oct-16-2010_3653 … and then she was out…Oct-16-2010_3655And… dreaming of a macro lens… the tiny tiny details of a newborn just waiting to be captured…
Oct-16-2010_3649
… for a moment.  I had noticed her dad, Jason’s, tattoos and HAD to ask if we could get some shots of them together… I just love the contrast – the dark and light, the edgy and soft.  I’m ready to put out a bulletin calling all new dad’s with tattoos… if I had planned it out better we’d have gotten even more of these, but the following were my favorite.  
Jason&Daphne2Oct-16-2010_3674b&W Oct-16-2010_3677Oct-16-2010_3683 Yes, I am already planning out the shots I’ll do if I ever get another chance with a daddy and his baby … tattoos are optional.   Do you know anyone you can send my way?? 
Jason&Daphne1 I am just getting into processing the rest of the images from this session and can’t wait to share… but I’m taking my time with them because I have to do Daphne’s sweetness justice. 

3 comments:

Mom said...

I can feel your photo-taking excitement in just these first few photos. Daddy & Daphne photos are very artistic and sweet. Can't wait to see more.

XO

Melissa said...

Sheryl and Jason will love them I am sure! The last one is my favorite :-)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! I agree - I love the contrast of the tattoos and a newborn. They're fantastic. SOOO makes me want another baby!!!

Post a Comment