Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Welcome to the World, Daphne… {Clackamas, Oregon Newborn Photographer}

I think it may have been all the way back when my friend and hair stylist, Sheryl, told me she was pregnant that I started dreaming about doing a session with her newborn.  I felt bad asking her and then talking about it several more times, because I couldn’t tell if she was just being sweet or she was actually okay with a total newbie photographer coming over to spend three hours posing her brand-new baby.  Or maybe I didn’t let on to what a production it would be. 
Either way, we saw Sheryl on October 10, still very pregnant and early the next morning, she gave birth to Daphne.  Five days later, I arrived at their home with a SUV full of props and took over their perfectly lit bathroom for several hours.  I could have stayed there ALL day.  Here are three things that I love:  Newborns,  Photography, and being warm – space heater warm.  For three straight hours I was engulfed in THOSE three things and nothing else.  Daphne slept the entire time (well, starting after the images shared today), the bathroom was probably about 80 degrees, I listened to the hum of the space heater (a weird obsession of mine) and took 250+ shots of this little dream. 
She was pure perfection as a newborn model.  I heard numerous times how challenging newborns are to photograph and Daphne said, “Huh!  I’ll show them!”  Not a single challenge with this sweetie once she was in dreamland. 
Here are a few I took before we started shooting… she was ‘milk-drunk’ from her Mama…  
Oct-16-2010_3652Oct-16-2010_3653 … and then she was out…Oct-16-2010_3655And… dreaming of a macro lens… the tiny tiny details of a newborn just waiting to be captured…
Oct-16-2010_3649
… for a moment.  I had noticed her dad, Jason’s, tattoos and HAD to ask if we could get some shots of them together… I just love the contrast – the dark and light, the edgy and soft.  I’m ready to put out a bulletin calling all new dad’s with tattoos… if I had planned it out better we’d have gotten even more of these, but the following were my favorite.  
Jason&Daphne2Oct-16-2010_3674b&W Oct-16-2010_3677Oct-16-2010_3683 Yes, I am already planning out the shots I’ll do if I ever get another chance with a daddy and his baby … tattoos are optional.   Do you know anyone you can send my way?? 
Jason&Daphne1 I am just getting into processing the rest of the images from this session and can’t wait to share… but I’m taking my time with them because I have to do Daphne’s sweetness justice. 

3 comments:

Mom said...

I can feel your photo-taking excitement in just these first few photos. Daddy & Daphne photos are very artistic and sweet. Can't wait to see more.

XO

Melissa said...

Sheryl and Jason will love them I am sure! The last one is my favorite :-)

Angela said...

Absolutely beautiful! I agree - I love the contrast of the tattoos and a newborn. They're fantastic. SOOO makes me want another baby!!!

Post a Comment