Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14 Slideshow Image 15 Slideshow Image 16 Slideshow Image 17

Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy First Birthday, Tado

I admit – I am a sappy, nostalgic person who loves a trip down memory lane.  I can get lost (on my own!) remembering back on things. I get almost giddy thinking back that “ooh… one year ago, right now Gage and Cooper were sleeping over at Mimi’s just like they are right now!  And I was freaking out about being in premature labor!”  I’m sort of a dork that way.  I’ll fog over as I think about the details of events, big and small, in my life.  Trips, graduation, Matt’s proposal, my wedding, gatherings with friends.  The births of my children.  I think that is why me and photography go hand-in-hand along our merry way because seeing the photos from those events brings the memories flooding back. 

  So, I assure you that by remembering back on Kaden’s birth, ONE year ago today, I am not getting hung-up in the past and his dramatic little entrance into the world.  I don’t define him by it.  I’m just reminiscing, fondly on the memory.  I no longer feel saddened or quite as ‘jipped’ by the experience (I really wanted to savor my final pregnancy and labor).  And it certainly isn’t on his mind, ever.  I just like to remember.  His beginning, the generosity and love that flowed from our friends and family, and the lessons of patience and trust that the Lord granted me through the experience. 

Here are some photos of his beginning…      K5K4K3K9K10

(I think this is the only picture that shocks me into remembering how bitty he was…)

K2K1K7K8K6    

And here are some of him now…

Dec-19-2010_7643 Dec-19-2010_7646 Dec-19-2010_7823 Dec-19-2010_8015 Dec-19-2010_8024 Dec-19-2010_8029 Dec-19-2010_8031 Dec-19-2010_8035 Dec-19-2010_8050

hehehe…

Dec-19-2010_8054

Yes, clearly he’s moved on from his time in the NICU.  :)  He’s a goofy, happy, energetic kiddo on the verge of toddlerhood and there’s no looking back for him.  We love our little KadeyKade.

Happy Birthday, Tado.  Here’s to where you’ve been and where you’re going.

6 comments:

Dianne said...

Happy Birthday Kaden...You're such a cutie!

Love,
Auntie Dianne

Mom said...

Happy birthday, sweet little Tado. Papa and Grammie love you.

XO

Erica Balko said...

Happy Birthday! My how you've grown.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Kaden! We love you and remember "it's FUN to be ONE!"

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Kaden!!!

Megan said...

Hi Lacey :) I've been stopping by off and on from Shannon's blog and CM... and decided today was a great day to post a first comment! What an emotional story. You are such an encouragement to me with your wonderful attitude and obvious love of your family. Happy Birthday to your beautiful boy!

Post a Comment