Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14 Slideshow Image 15 Slideshow Image 16 Slideshow Image 17

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Floatie Unitard…

I have to bump in and double up postings today because I couldn’t wait to share these photos with you… this is what I have to deal with…

And let me ask you.  What do you notice first?  The teeth? The socks with sandals? The obvious attraction to neon green?  Or the floatie unitard?

I know, its hard to wrap your head around any of it…  08-26-10_Coopersunitardandm

All day yesterday, Cooper wore the floatie unitard.  I have no real idea why he wanted to, but if I had to guess I’d say he was trying to envision himself swimming so that next time we go to the lake he won’t be too scared (like he was last time) to jump off the dock to Matt. 

I got a kick out of it but had to practically pry it off of him for our trip to town.  He wanted to nap in it, but I assured him that wouldn’t be comfortable. 

So as soon as we had dinner, back on it went.  When I told him we were going for a walk he timidly asked, “But can I wear my floatie?”  as if he anticipated a negative answer… “Sure, bud.  Why not.” He flew out the door with glee. 

08-26-10_Coopersunitard_get08-26-10_Coopersunitardlog_08-26-10_Coopersunitard_089 And he went about the walk as he does all the others.  Despite the fact that it was actually pretty cold.  And I couldn’t believe he never even once asked to go swimming in the pond.  It was as if he wasn’t wearing a floatie unitard at all.   

08-26-10_Coopersunitard_090   Isn’t it great when kids are so inhibited?

08-26-10_Coopersunitard_088And you can just let them be?  Without worry?  We could have told him “No, dress like a normal kid!” but in this case, why?  He loved it, and having something to laugh about during our entire walk was awesome! 

Priceless.   Silly little Tupu.

(Oh, and by the way… he just woke up and came into my room as I finished this post, with, guess what in his hand… the floatie unitard.  And even though its a bit dirty from him rolling down the hill in it last night, I put it back on him because I need to embrace humor whenever possible.  Floatie unitard, in full effect.)

1 comments:

Mom said...

I'm still laughing at this Tupu post, even after looking at it for the fifth time!!!!

XO from Grammie

Post a Comment