Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14 Slideshow Image 15 Slideshow Image 16 Slideshow Image 17

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Monkeys and Cowboys…

What makes kiddos remember the Halloween costumes they wore 7 months ago?  I’m not sure.  But driving home from the store yesterday Cooper announced that he wanted to be a monkey after naptime… I had no problem with that… June 11, 2010 051

And one can’t do something without the other doing it, too…June 11, 2010 053 Right when they woke up, the costumes went on, and the requests for apples and caramel began… and I didn’t have a problem with that either…

snack-time I love this picture for so many reasons… (I hope it makes you smile like it does me…)

don't waste any...

Kaden was pretty entertained by the two monkeys running around the house, especially when one started playing peek-a-boo with him…

peek-a-

And of course, I didn’t have a problem with that either…

boo! But after we got home from our walk after dinner, Matt and I sent the boys in to wash their hands while we visited outside for awhile.  In the 2 minutes it took for us to walk around the house the day of dress-up went from monkeys to cowboys… Gage still goes for the same 3T corduroy jacket and Matt’s old hat and boots for this get-up and Coop just thinks he needs his hat, boots and jeans to replicate an authentic cowboy…

And what would a cowboy be without his gun?  Cooper’s not sure about this… “That gun is making me nervous,” he said, just before I snapped this photo…

June 11, 2010 065 Something about Gage looking like he’s pointing a gun right at his little brother makes me a bit nervous, too…

kinda did have a problem with that (but I love the pics none-the-less)…

June 11, 2010 066 And yes, in case you’re wondering, Cooper did put his out-fit on, all by himself. 

Backwards.  That’s Cooper Leroy for ya. But he was so proud of himself, we didn’t have the heart to correct him…

Backwards...

Matt’s coined him “The Backwards Bandit.”

And, because its him, I’m pretty sure the boots were on the wrong feet, too. 

(and as a side note, when I got up this morning I found Cooper as a monkey, again, eating his pancakes. The fun just never ends around here.)

3 comments:

Mom said...

I was laughing out loud at your photos. They capture the boys perfectly. Cooper's face in the gun photo was priceless!

Thank you for your wonderful blog.

Reggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Those are some the greatest pictures I've seen...that brought the biggest smile to my face. I miss you!

Post a Comment