Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14 Slideshow Image 15 Slideshow Image 16 Slideshow Image 17

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lopsided Lunch…

I suppose it is one of those things in motherhood that is just a given… all of our efforts go into our children and that leaves little time or energy left to put into ourselves. 

Take today’s lunch, for example.  I love to prepare the boys’ lunch and put it together so it is as pleasing to the eye as it is to the mouth… I think it is important for our children to see our efforts and for food to look as appealing as it will taste. 

June 1, 2010 032

And today, I carefully assembled their sandwiches, and even thought, “Ooh, Gage will love this because there is so much RED on his plate!” (He loves the color red). 

And once I placed their food in front of them, I scurried back into the kitchen to wash dishes, clean the counters put away groceries and organize mail, while I scarfed down the pasta from 4 nights ago (of which there was only about 1/3 of a cup left) and a handful of Cheese-Its.

So, the serving of lunch is a little lopsided in our house, and I’m probably not teaching them any good lessons by my manners here, but at least I was productive while they ate quietly. 

Oh, and Gage didn’t even notice all the red, and had in fact, finished his entire sandwich in the time it took me to heat up my lunch (but he delicately ate his strawberries).

My lunch left me feeling hungry, but I knew my boys were well-fed. And that’s what matters, right? 

(And I knew that in about an hour, it would be naptime, and I had 2 chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk waiting for me…)     

0 comments:

Post a Comment