Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14 Slideshow Image 15 Slideshow Image 16 Slideshow Image 17

Saturday, June 26, 2010

When I Least Expect It…

The best part of ‘practicing’ photography has been capturing photos that I never would have thought to take before… and when I least expect it, I get ones that I LOVE because of what story is behind the picture.  This is subjective, of course, because most people would probably regard these pictures as just snapshots of a kid sitting by a door…

 June-23,-2010-034 

…or a snapshot of that same kid just wearing dirty old boots…

June-23,-2010-038-E 

And while, yes, technically they are that… to me they are so much more.

They are photographs of my little boy taking a break from running in the grass barefoot; for the first time in the summer that he was three…

June-23,-2010-036

… taking a moment away from the activity to delicately and thoughtfully examining the texture on a leaf...

June-23,-2010-032

… and of my little boy discovering just how big of a challenge it quite literally is to walk in his Daddy’s shoes.

June-23,-2010-039

   You can capture time… not in a bottle… but in a photograph.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Absolutely precious little Tupe. Good job, camera girl!

said...

Wonderful photos Lacey!!! I love them all, but I'm especially fond of the ones with the boots!! My hubby has the same pair of Danners and when my boys were little they used to wear them just like this!!

Looks like you're really enjoying your new 7d!!

Have a great day!!

Debbie :)

Post a Comment