Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14 Slideshow Image 15 Slideshow Image 16 Slideshow Image 17

Thursday, June 3, 2010

On Trying to Not Worry…

This is a TOUGH one for me, especially lately. Maybe it is the weather bringing me down, plus several recent stories I’ve heard about the unthinkable suffering involving little kids, but I just can’t stop worrying about LIFE.  And the suffering that inevitably comes with it. 

I know Jesus does not want us to worry… there is no point in it.  So, the only point I can figure is to realize that instead of worrying about what is to come in the life of my children, I can do 2 things: 

1) Love and enjoy them as if our days are limited

2) Teach and guide them as if their days are unlimited 

Okay, that being said and off my chest… here are a few pictures and stories that are on the brighter side…

It is a sweet morning when I get to snuggle this little guy in my bed.  We visited for a few minutes after I nursed him, then he drifted off to sleep.  He seemed to really like the pillows above his head, as he kept pushing further up into them.  Don’t worry, I kept checking on him to make sure he wasn’t burying himself…

Kaden sleeping in our bed...

So much for Kaden’s peaceful sleep… enter Gage and Cooper….

G & C waking him up...

“Good Morning TadeyTade!” says Cooper in a voice that is signature Cooper… and totally freaks Kaden out…

What a way to wake up! 

On another random note, this little 5-year old told me yesterday as we were driving that he wants to be a police officer when he gets bigger.  He then asked me if I was going the speed limit… I checked and gladly told him I was (phew!). 

Then a number of cars passed by me on the left and one after another Gage reported that if they only new he was going to be a police officer, they would NOT be speeding passed us!  And I’m sure if he pulled them over with THIS face, they’d surely learn their lesson…

Gager

Then he told me he didn’t want to be a police officer because he didn’t want to have to go to ‘all that school they need to do to become police officers.  I just want to homeschool…’ 

Anyway, I had to throw in some sunshine because I’m feeling awfully cloudy…

So, while these little boys give me these fun experiences and some not so fun ones, I’m going to make a conscious effort to savor them all.  I’m going to hug them longer and tell them I love them more often and speak more thoughtfully to them. 

Because that’s just what I should do, regardless of what the future holds. 

1 comments:

Mom said...

That's how we all should live....

I love you, sweetpea.

P.S. Gage was checking my speed as we were driving home from the zoo on Sunday...yes, I WAS speeding!!! Yikes!

Post a Comment