Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14 Slideshow Image 15 Slideshow Image 16 Slideshow Image 17

Friday, May 14, 2010

Bran Muffins for Cooper...

Per the suggestion of Cooper's pediatrician, I had to pull out this oldiey but goodie recipe of my mom's. This is a bran muffin (so that should tell you what issue Cooper is having to make his doctor recommend making them...) and although the bran sounds rather blah, and they may look rather blah, they are wonderful. Especially warm with a big slab of real butter...



Bran Muffins



Ingredients

2 c. 100% Bran
1 c. 40% Branflakes
1 c. boiling water


1 1/2 c sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs


2 1/2 c. flour
2 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt


2 c. buttermilk


Directions

  • Mix the first 3 ingredients together and set aside to cool.

  • Beat together the next 3 ingredients and add to the bran mixture

  • Mix the dry ingredients together and slowly mix in buttermilk

  • Then mix together with the bran mixture.

(you can also add raisins or dates or walnuts to this, but I prefer them plain)


  • Grease your muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

  • Store the remainder in a mason jar in the fridge (after making 12 regular sized muffins, I had enough left to fill a quart size jar).

This may be too much information, especially since I just gave you a recipe for food, but Cooper's issue isn't that he can't go, it is that he goes man-size.

Funny story, but again, may be too much information... The other day Cooper was sitting backwards on the toilet "going" and he asked me "how does my big huge poop poo come out of my little squeezed bottom?"

"That's a good question for Daddy!" I said, and quickly dialed Matt's cell phone number (this was a very worthy reason to interrupt his work day).

As soon as the phone started ringing though, Cooper said, "No, I can't ask Daddy that... that is inappropriate."

Of course I completed the call, filled Matt in and we both had a good laugh.

I can't believe I just shared that story.

'Nuf said.

Now go enjoy those bran muffins.

1 comments:

Mom said...

Very yummy muffins...

So....is the bran going to make his poop poo Cooper-size? Interesting.

Post a Comment