Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14 Slideshow Image 15 Slideshow Image 16 Slideshow Image 17

Monday, May 17, 2010

While I'm in Here, They're Out There...

While yesterday was beautiful for the weather, today was beautiful for this...

It was a bit drizzly this Sunday Morning and what could be a better thing to do on a morning like this, than to bake some of these...

Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies make me think of three things...
1. My childhood... this was my mom's recipe of choice and she had a tattered cut-out of the recipe taped inside her cupboard for easy reference, though, like me, I'm sure she had it memorized.
2. The episode of Friends when Monica is trying to figure out the secret recipe that makes Phoebe's AMAZING chocolate chip cookies... after trying desperately for the entire show, in the end, Phoebe tells Monica that the recipe came from her French grandmother, Nestle Tollhouse (said with a French accent). I concur, Monica... they are the best.
3. Simply, my most favorite baked treat. But they have to be warm (either out of the oven or microwaved) and with really cold milk (preferably whole milk)


Isn't this a delicious sight?


And while I was inside enjoying making, smelling, and doing this...


Matt and the boys were outside doing this...

Falling more trees for firewood, and limbing them up. The boys were ACTUALLY a help here, with their child-friendly axes, chopping off the limbs...

I liked what I was doing, much better, and there-in lies one of the many perks to being the ONLY girl in this family...
And by the way... to find the recipe for these cookies, you HAVE to buy the actual Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chips, because they just aren't the same with any others. So, I'm not saving you a step by posting it here... :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment