Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14 Slideshow Image 15 Slideshow Image 16 Slideshow Image 17

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chompy Creatures...

Typical boys that they are, Gage and Cooper spent all day Saturday playing with gooky things (in my feminine opinion).

They completely fell for these GRUBS (or chompy creatures as Cooper called them) that Matt found in an old, rotting stump. They had little chompy mouths (the grubs, not G&C), so the boys figured they needed to feed them 'soft' wood and clover. This occupied them for hours.


They made this little set up with the chairs so that they could each sit and just look and observe and care for their grub. So nasty. I wouldn't let them touch me with their grubby little hands until they washed them... three times. Ug. These pictures even give me the heebygeebies!


Then they really scored when Matt spotted a lizard sunning in my herb garden. This didn't gross me out as much, but it did freak me out when I searched for it in the lavender after it ran off, only to have it jump back out at me. It scared me, but my shriek REALLY scared Kaden, who was in the front pack.


One not so creepy crawly thing, is this boy. He was definitely lovin' his mama time ... he was on me for about 90% of the day. He's so cute, heading out on the safari...

This was sure a Saturday for little boys...
By the way, Gage sadly agreed to let Matt put the grubs in the bird feeder. Matt assured him that it was in everyone's best interest... he quickly got over it and shot his squirt gun for awhile. Glad he wasn't tramatized.

1 comments:

Mom said...

I'm surprised that Cooper wasn't wearing gloves when touching the chompy creatures!

When I was a young girl, I remember making little homes in our mailbox for fuzzy black and brown caterpillers. Or feeding a grasshopper a blade of grass. Good memories. Lacey, your sweet boys are making good memories too.

Post a Comment