Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14 Slideshow Image 15 Slideshow Image 16 Slideshow Image 17

Monday, May 10, 2010

Country Chores...

I wanted to get in and post this earlier today but I was quite literally holding Kaden all day long, except when I was driving to town. He's never a fussy baby but today he'd scream EVERY time I'd put him down... so he ate, slept, repeat, all. day. Needless to say, my left arm is a little limp, so pardon any typing errors...

Anywho. Saturday was filled with countryman chores. Most specifically for Matt that was cutting firewood. For Gage and Cooper that was doing as much damage to an old stump as possible and helping Mama collect big rocks.

First up, firewood. It is a yearly, daunting chore. So very necessary for providing us our heat, though, so I'm very thankful that: A) Matt knows how to cut down trees. B) He enjoys doing this and C) He's ABLE to do it. Because, quite frankly, being cold is one of my least favorite things. One of my MOST favorite things, is watching my husband in action...


It is a pleasure to watch... (if the Pioneer Woman can make you gauk at her hubby, I can make you gauk at mine...)



Next up... the stump. Give these boys any 'tool' that is relatively sharp and they find something to destroy with it, as if they have a VERY critical task at hand. Cooper was working so hard, even his tongue was tired...


Gage couldn't even be bothered to look at me for a picture. This century old stump had to be whittled away to nothing, if it was the last thing they did!


That is, until Cooper became more mesmerized by his Dad chopping the wood he'd just cut up...
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit mesmerized myself...

Doot tried so hard to set the pieces on end for Matt to chop, but man. Those things are heavy! Making the fact that Matt can split them in one fell-swoop even more head-shakingly amazing...


Cooper telling me to watch out for the falling tree. I was pretty sure I wasn't in harm's way... I was pretty sure Matt would fall it AWAY from us...

This moment was surprising to me, then I quickly realized it only happened because Doot had gloves on. He's lacking a little bit of 'country-boy' because he won't handle bugs or worms or snakes without 'protection'... He wanted to trek all the way back down the hill to put these in my garden - sweet boy. (I assured him he didn't have to and could just keep on playin'. Oh, sorry... working.)

The sound of Daddy's chainsaw is to Cooper as the sound of my hairdryer is to me... completely soothing. He loves it and can't wait until he's a 'big daddy' and can have one of his own...


This is where the pictures had to end, though, because thus began my hunt for rocks. I spotted some good big ones to line one of my gardens and when I started trying to dig it out with Gage's shovel, Matt hollered over at me "Hey, girl with the $xxx camera around your neck! Not a good idea!" So, I chose rocks over taking more pics. Priorities.

G&C helped me get a good pile started and I couldn't have been more thrilled. I never would have thought that I'd get such a kick out of digging up rocks.

Living in such solitude will do that to ya!

1 comments:

Mom said...

What wonderful photos. If I can't be there in person, your words and photos certainly bring me closer to you and your dear family.

I pray Kaden's having a better day today.

With my love,
Mom

Post a Comment