Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14 Slideshow Image 15 Slideshow Image 16 Slideshow Image 17

Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Husband…

Today is my dear hubby’s birthday and while I could go on and on about how wonderful Matt is and how thankful I am for him and what a joyous day this is to celebrate… I won’t, because he’s a pretty modest guy and would be embarrassed if I did that.  And since it is his day, I’ll let him have his way. 

So, instead, I thought I’d share a bit about a new endeavor he’s taking on – and taking on well.  Matt started making traditional longbows about 7 months ago and just finished up his 3rd one.  This one was pretty exciting though, because it was the first one he sold… this is great for him on many levels.  Not only does he enjoy making the bows, but really gets satisfaction out of knowing that others are appreciating the craftsmanship of the bow as well as the challenge of the traditional hunt. 

The following pictures show a few of the steps, start to finish, of making this most recent bow.  As this bow is a gift for my good friend, Alicia’s, husband (Happy Birthday, Reggie!) I hope he’ll get to check out how his bow came to be.

Because it really starts with a few blocks of wood, and becomes a work of art…   Reggie's-Bow1 Reggie's-Bow2 Reggie's-Bow3 Reggie's-Bow4 Reggie's-Bow5 The finished handle…

Reggie's-Bow6

All three of Matt’s creations…

Reggie's-Bow7 Reggie's-Bow8 Reggie's-Bow9

Reggie's-Bow10

I am so glad Matt has found this hobby – there is something amazing about creating something with your hands and I know that is a driving force behind his attraction to bow-making.  And for me, it is awesome to watch Matt’s natural talent in woodworking evolve from something he enjoys into (cross-your fingers!) a small business.

Happy, Happy Birthday, Husband. 

3 comments:

Mom said...

Happy Birthday Matt!

Nice tribute Lacey :)

Dianne said...

Beautiful craftsmanship! I see it already..."Molalla Bow Company"

Unknown said...

Just received the bow! Matt does such a great job...it is beautiful. Thank you SO much! Tell him Happy Birthday from us!

Post a Comment