Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14 Slideshow Image 15 Slideshow Image 16 Slideshow Image 17

Monday, July 19, 2010

Kaden and the Hay…

It is hay cutting time around these parts and hay cutting means hay baling. Consequently we’ve had hundreds of bales scattered across our fields, beckoning to me.  I knew the guys who bought it were to be coming soon to load them up and I knew I’d kick myself if I didn’t at least attempt it…

So off when his shirt, on when the over-alls and out we went to the field.  Camera on my shoulder, baby slung over my arm, white balance tool in my hand, I kicked around a few bales to find the lighting and tentatively placed Kaden on the bale (praying he wouldn’t roll off).

I wasn’t sure how it’d go, but figured it was worth a try…

 

July-15,-2010-003 July-15,-2010-007

Within 2 minutes I’d taken 20 pictures…July-15,-2010-014 July-15,-2010-016 … and by the end, he was either going to eat the hay…

July-15,-2010-022 … sleep in the hay…

July-15,-2010-024 … or cry in the hay…

July-15,-2010-025

… he ended up crying.  A lot.  But it was kind of worth it.  Someday, I’m sure he’ll thank me…

 

(**Sorry if these photos look weird color-wise on your screens… I just realized after getting back a full order of yellow-tinted prints, that I need to calibrate my monitor.  If Kaden looks overly yellow to you… its not your eyes… and not really his skin… he’s not jaundice, I promise.  Its just my processing with the lack of color correction. Soon to be fixed, hopefully!)

2 comments:

Mom said...

What darling photos! I loved all of them, and the coloring looked good to me.

Love you sweet girl.

Stephanie said...

These are too stinkin' cute! Karen would be SO proud of you!

Post a Comment