Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14 Slideshow Image 15 Slideshow Image 16 Slideshow Image 17

Monday, July 5, 2010

O’Henry’s

A WARNING:  If you LOVE chocolate and peanut butter and butterscotch, you will LOVE this recipe.  HOWEVER, if you can not immediately run to the store to purchase the ingredients to make it, I suggest waiting until you can…

My brother shook his finger at me the other day for posting about Rice Krispie Treats while he was stuck at work, so I’d hate to do that again.  Because if you think Rice Krispie Treats are good, you’re in for something else with these.

O’Henry’s are to Rice Krispie Treats as Roses are to Dandilions. As Cinnamon Rolls are to plain toast.  As Heaven is to Earth.  

O’mygoodness… O’Henry’s are O. So. Delicious. (and I can say that because I didn’t make up the recipe… another one I pulled from here.)

And really quite simple, which only adds to their greatness.

O’Henry’s 

 

Oh-Henrys-007

Ingredients:

1 c. Karo syrup

1 c. Sugar

1 c. peanuts

3 c. Rice Krispies

1 pkg. chocolate chips

1 pkg. butterscotch chips

 

Directions:

Stir together Karo syrup and sugar.  Microwave for 2 minutes.  Add peanuts and peanut butter to the karo mixture.  Microwave everything for 1 minute.  Stir in 3 cups of Rice Krispies.  Spread into a greased 9x13 inch pan.

Combine chocolate chips (on bottom) and butterscotch chips in a bowl and microwae for 2 minutes.  Stir until smooth.  Spread over krispie mixture and cool in the refrigerator. 

Cut into 1-inch squares.

(and I dare you to try to only eat one square.  I made these today for our 4th of July picnic and I have already eaten 3… THREE! Just make sure you have a big glass of milk ready!) 

1 comments:

Shannon Joy said...

I am SOOO going to make those!!! They look sooo good!!!

Post a Comment