Welcome

I am a God-loving, husband-adoring, mybabyboys-hugging, mind-reeling, photo-taking, life-documenting, yummyfood-cooking, garden-planting, country-living girl. Writing about life, with boys, in the sticks...
this is life... with boys... in the country...
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14 Slideshow Image 15 Slideshow Image 16 Slideshow Image 17

Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Heart – Part II

My three children have such distinctly different effects on me as a person and on my heart specifically… they each fill my heart with such joy, in their own way thanks to their distinctly different personalities…

Cooper:

You make my heart race. You keep me on my toes.  You excite me.  Anyone who comes to know you say, “That Cooper… he’s quite a character!”  Character.  That’s you.  And I deal with that truth everyday as I try my darndest to raise you.  July-13,-2010-067

With you, we never really know what we are going to get.  Your unpredictability is about the only predictable thing about you.  When you are told ‘no’, a number of things can happen: 1) you can make a goofy face and try to get us to laugh and then charm us into giving you your way. 2) you can throw a terribly mean tantrum. 3) you can give a completely blank stare that lasts on and on and on. 4) you can walk away. 5) you can run away as if nothing ever happened. 

You are an interesting kid, Coop.

July-13,-2010-073

You are dramatic, emotional, sensitive, hilarious, charming, and loving. To the extreme.  I’m not just saying that… your behavior was tested by a Kaiser Medical group when you were 2 and the outcome was that you are an extreme child.  You can cuddle so well that your body melts into my arms.  And you can cry like you are hurting in every inch of your body… because you bonked your cheek on the doorway. 

July-13,-2010-071

But even though you are unpredictable, I still know you like the back of my hand and you most definitely make everyday an adventure.  For that, and your energy, goofiness, and passion, I am so grateful. You make me and your Daddy feel SO loved… your hugs are priceless and I can never get enough of them.  You welcome Daddy home from work better than anyone else in our family… (he said so today…)

My love for you runs deeper than the ocean… my little Tupu.  

1 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, what a guy. I can't stop smiling when I think about Tupu. Yes, I agree with you about his hugs. One of my favorite photos is of Cooper hugging me around my neck so tightly with his eyes squeezed shut and a big smile on his face. I couldn't help but give him a big kissy on his sweet cheek. You think that you are "raising" him, but I think that Coop is raising you!

XOXO to little Cooper from Grammie.

Post a Comment